Soulsborne Thread #10

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Joke about Mohg all you like. Without the Tarnished, he wins. XD 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh yeah, he's scarily competent.

And if the lore stuff is correct, he eliminated  Radahn and Malenia, two combat monsters without lifting a finger. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Depends. It’s random. I think the NPCs are based on similarly-leveled players that the game picks out.

Think Crow of Cainhurst. Different kind of tough, ya know? It’ll challenge your ability to fight several human enemies back-to-back without any rests in between. 

Oh boy, gotcha.

im thinking that I’ll focus my build now on these swords and poise. Don’t think I can invest this heavily into dragon skills and the weapons. Plus that opens me up for using some other demigod weapons as well. A lot actually.

The dragon spells are so fun against regular enemies but otherwise meh

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And if the lore stuff is correct, he eliminated  Radahn and Malenia, two combat monsters without lifting a finger. 

Maybe. There are two ways it likely could’ve played out:

He either took Miq early on, prompting Malenia to invade Caelid and to her brother. 

Or he waited until Malenia invaded Caelid and then abducted Miq while she wasn’t there to defend him.

I lean towards the latter, since it’s hard to imagine Mohg nabbing Miq while Malenia is around to defend him. If so, he didn’t really eliminate either her or Radahn, he just took advantage of their conflict to enact his plans. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

He either took Miq early on, prompting Malenia to invade Caelid and to her brother. 

Or he waited until Malenia invaded Caelid and then abducted Miq while she wasn’t there to defend him.

I lean towards the latter, since it’s hard to imagine Mohg nabbing Miq while Malenia is around to defend him. If so, he didn’t really eliminate either her or Radahn, he just took advantage of their conflict to enact his plans. 

It pretty much went out as the highest possible level of favor for him regardless XD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Correct me if I'm wrong but the intro pretty explicitly states Mohg kidnaped Miquella while Malenia was campaigning south.

Hide contents

Correct me if I'm wrong but the intro pretty explicitly states Mohg kidnaped Miquella while Malenia was campaigning south.

How so?

We just see him carrying Miq away. No real indication of when it’s happening relative to anything else.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that’s the most likely scenario, but I don’t think there is proof either way. 

Except Godrick :rofl:

He'd be the red herring baddie, with one much worse later on.

Godrick is actually pretty terrifying by high fantasy standards, I could see him being the "evil lord" whose playing with dark forces to fulfill his ambitions.

It's just everyone else surpasses him in every way 

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Heads up @ColonelKillaBee if you're going to spec so wildly into Arc, faith and int. You'll be able to use both death-rite sorceries and golden order incantations.

Both are pretty ass XD

No arcane just strength.

Its 38 strength, like 12 dex and 15 arcane lol

with reqs that low I could put the rest in faith later if I wanted

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee