Soulsborne Thread #10

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think it speaks volumes that Malenia, who so hates her affliction with rot was unable to defeat Radahn without nuking him in the face.

No doubt he was deeply wounded in their exchange, but it was Malenia who acted in desperation.

Because he didn't have access to a nuclear bomb XD

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not really. The fight ended in a stalemate, sure, but there isn’t any way to prove it never would’ve ended eventually if the Scarlet Nuke hadn’t gone off.

"The Battle of Aeonia
Radahn and Malenia locked in stalemate
Then, the scarlet rot blooms." 

It was a draw, and Radahn was in no shape to contuine fighting, as he couldn't stop her from unleashing her Aids bomb. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Because he didn't have access to a nuclear bomb XD

"The Battle of Aeonia

It was a draw, and Radahn was in no shape to contuine fighting, as he couldn't stop her from unleashing her Aids bomb. 

Think Samurai Jack vs the Scotsman. But if Scotsman fucking stabbed jack with an ebola needle and then fell asleep.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

She also had help. The Cleanrots were present and one of them ran a spear into Radahn. 

I assume that part from the trailer was during the battle itself, before there duel. 

Both Radahn and Malenia probably killed scores of each others soldiers before meeting in combat. 

"The Battle of Aeonia

Aids Bomb makes the stalemate arguments moot. The fight would have ended one way or another. Can’t go on forever. The Rot prevented us from seeing what the outcome would have been.

But the very fact that she resorted to it is why I think Malenia believed she could not win. There is nothing in the world she would be more opposed to doing than setting off the Rot. 

• Like 1

Oh it is. Radahn is shown with all the spears in his back before him and Malenia fight each other in the cutscene. 

It's weird to remember that the reveal trailer shows a Cleanrot Knight actually killing Radahn. I wonder if back then, that was Malenia's design.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Aids Bomb makes the stalemate arguments moot. The fight would have ended one way or another. Can’t go on forever. The Rot prevented us from seeing what the outcome would have been.

But the very fact that she resorted to it is why I think Malenia believed she could not win. There is nothing in the world she would be more opposed to doing than setting off the Rot. 

This, this here is why I think Radahn got the better of her.

Or more accurately, she thought Radahn might win.

• Like 2

You guys sound like anime founds with your power rankings XD

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or they could have just collapsed in exhaustion XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The trailer showed him on his knees, looking up to the sky as he fades into golden dust :rofl:

That trailer is also using Godwyn's cinematic model as a stand in for Radagon. From all the cut content and changed lore, who knows what it's supposed to mean. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Gonna take forever to grind levels with this ball method tho lmao but oh well

If it’s endurance you’re after, save yourself some time and stat investment and just follow these "easy" steps:

-Go to the elevator at the end of the underground blue guy place, use stonesword keys to activate it and ride it to the top

-Ride to the end of the trail, which ends at a giant colosseum

-Speak to the giant jar warrior at the front of the colosseum. He won’t say much

-Duel all three champions whose summon signs appear on the ground in front of him

Your reward will be a talisman that significantly increases your equip load. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1