Soulsborne Thread #10

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It is very cool, but he shouldn’t do that on his first playthrough!

Besides, he’s high level for the Radahn fight. Summons would trivialize it. 

Fair enough, but I think with the army mechanic it makes the fight pretty much unlike anything else in the series. 

thomas-siagian-radahn-fest2.jpg?16539855

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fair enough, but I think with the army mechanic it makes the fight pretty much unlike anything else in the series. 

Definitely. It’s worth doing at some point. But I can relate to wanting to solo bosses on the first playthrough. I didn’t even like to use spirit summons on mine except during gank fights like Niall. 

Feels good to know you were actually the better fighter, ya know?

Personally, I like using the summons when tackling Radahn underleveled. When your attacks do hardly any damage and he is just zipping around one-two shotting you and your mightiest friends like a bunch of expendable mobs. Really ups the tension and feels like you’ve jumped into a slaughter… But doing it at level 70+ just feels unfair to the guy.

What do you think the odds are of a DLC featuring a "prime Radahn" boss fight? I’d put money on it myself. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Personally, I like using the summons when tackling Radahn underleveled. When your attacks do hardly any damage and he is just zipping around one-two shotting you and your mightiest friends like a bunch of expendable mobs. Really ups the tension and feels like you’ve jumped into a slaughter… But doing it at level 70+ just feels unfair to the guy.

What do you think the odds are of a DLC featuring a "prime Radahn" boss fight? I’d put money on it myself. 

Depends on if the DLC is involved in time travel. If it is, I'd say it'd be super likely 

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Depends on if the DLC is involved in time travel. If it is, I'd say it'd be super likely 

Considering that this is Fromsoft, my guess is we’ll be exploring dreams, memories, or alternate dimensions. 

If You-Know-Who is actually St. Trina, then sleep and dreaming is obviously a major theme of his/her story. I think a DLC revolving around that is very likely. It’s one of the few major loose plot threads, and it would allow for a direct exploration of all the characters and dramas during and before the Shattering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Considering that this is Fromsoft, my guess is we’ll be exploring dreams, memories, or alternate dimensions. 

Hide contents

If You-Know-Who is actually St. Trina, then sleep and dreaming is obviously a major theme of his/her story. I think a DLC revolving around that is very likely. It’s one of the few major loose plot threads, and it would allow for a direct exploration of all the characters and dramas during and before the Shattering.

Maybe have the main "dream-areas" be Miquella's "kingdom" and perhaps Godfrey's "Nightmare" (Two big Legacy Dungeons", and perhaps have some smaller, secret ones were you get to interact (and fight) with some of the other Demigods. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

In cut content Miquella is specifically stated to by St. Trina. It's the guise he takes in dreams, though sometimes let's slip his true male form. Which is why the sword mentions both genders.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Woah! I just noticed my eyes XD Fucking COOOL

Dragon eyes lol I had the edgelord armor on for a while due to harder fights that i didnt even notice that. 

Far as I know, there are three ways that your eyes can change as a result of your gameplay choices.

This one happens when you consume enough dragon hearts. It’s easily the coolest of the three. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Colonel solo’d Radahn!!!

Good shit, man! In my opinion, that's one of the most badass things you can do in this game, since they push very hard for you to use help. Like the Elden Ring version of going straight north to reach New Vegas. XD 

I was so happy xD All I had to do was use my arc lol

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

In cut content Miquella is specifically stated to by St. Trina. It's the guise he takes in dreams, though sometimes let's slip his true male form. Which is why the sword mentions both genders.

I’m predicting that the DLC will have us interacting with St. Trina in a dreamworld with the ultimate goal to either save or mercifully end Miquella in the real world.

Considering that Miquella is an Empyrian, like a certain other character, I wonder if Trina is not merely a guise, but an actual alternate form like a certain hammer-wielder we all know and love (not spoiling that even in the tags). Meaning she is an actual she… except when she’s not. XD 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

I’m predicting that the DLC will have us interacting with St. Trina in a dreamworld with the ultimate goal to either save or mercifully end Miquella in the real world.

Considering that Miquella is an Empyrian, like a certain other character, I wonder if Trina is not merely a guise, but an actual alternate form like a certain hammer-wielder we all know and love (not spoiling that even in the tags). Meaning she is an actual she… except when she’s not. XD 

Dagoth Ur boss confirmed 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Elden Ring Screenshot 2023.01.06 - 19.13.54.21.png

Just a warning. The eye alterations override each other, so if you get one of the other two, you will lose the cool dragon eyes, which sucks.

And what’s worse, if you want to reach that top tier rune farm I told you about it, you will have to switch to the blood eyes and the dragons cannot be gotten back… so you’ve got a choice to make.

You can reach the rune farm area via different means later on. Much, much later on. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Just a warning. The eye alterations override each other, so if you get one of the other two, you will lose the cool dragon eyes, which sucks.

And what’s worse, if you want to reach that top tier rune farm I told you about it, you will have to switch to the blood eyes and the dragons cannot be gotten back… so you’ve got a choice to make.

You can reach the rune farm area via different means later on. Much, much later on. 

Git Viking'd nerd 

• Haha 1