Soulsborne Thread #10

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

This came to mind when Tencent got more stocks at From

Sekiro was co-made with Activision  and it is just as hardcore and non-ubisofty then all the other games XD I'm sure FROM is good and preventing big companies that help them produce and fund there projects from meddling with there integrity.  

Also Tecent owns practically a piece of everything now XD

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

At this point, you’re much more likely to encounter the opposite. Progressing overleveled and finding the game too easy. 

That’s what happened to me, at least. I didn’t even farm runes until late game, but after Limgrave, Liurnia, Caelid, and Ranni’s questline (which covers a ton of underground regions), I was way overpowered for the next area called the Altus Plateau. People talk like Altus is tough, but I found it pretty easy.

Now the areas after that? They’re still tough. XD 

Will save my level grinding for that point then lol

Still some stuff I can’t handle rn but that’s ok, can come back later

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hey @ColonelKillaBee, you ever progressed D's quest? This isn't a joke if you haven't even met him XD

He can fast track you to a certain part of Caelid where there's a nightmare boss that drops really strong Str/Faith weapons

I killed him 😆

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Still some stuff I can’t handle rn but that’s ok, can come back later

Definitely the Godskin Apostle at the bottom of the Divine Tower, which is reasonable cause he’s a badass. And the Black Blade Kindred in front of the Beast Samctum.

Who else? The rot dragon in Caelid?

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Definitely the Godskin Apostle at the bottom of the Divine Tower, which is reasonable cause he’s a badass. And the Black Blade Kindred in front of the Beast Samctum.

Yea lol

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fun fact; he was the first thing revealed for the game alongside the cinematic announcement trailer all those years XD

D8tu94-U0AINSQi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fun fact; he was the first thing revealed for the game alongside the cinematic announcement trailer all those years XD

D8tu94-U0AINSQi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ohhhh i remember this now

No wonder he hurts lol

Didnt play much today but i did take my time exploring that very first sword sigil place and got all its goodies, so my dragon incantations are much stronger. Has the dragon seal, got my erdtree thingy which is basically the fat rock dude ring from dark souls, and added another seal thing that increases incantation intensity so them spells smash lol, is fun

Tryna get em to be where theyre viable against harder bosses. So far it seems like basically the last two spells will be my go to for that as they hit hard and use way less fp.

Want that other spell too, the scarlet rot spell.

• Like 1

Just fought Radahn for the first time since my RL1 run. Holy fuck I love this boss so much, nothing else in Elden Ring conveys the same sense of epic as him.

Wether you fight him alone, champion to champion or if it takes the entire festival to give him an honorable death. Each conveys a different feeling of grandeur.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

found the cathedral of dragon communion, I take it you get more spells as you kill specific dragons... so i probs gotta kill that scarlet rot fucker to get that spell

Correct...ish. I believe killing that specific dragon allows you to get the advanced rot Breath spell.

Its weird, the spell needs higher faith and arcane, costs more to cast and maintain but has less range and deals less damage if only slightly. The only advantage is you can cast it midair, more tactical usage for less raw power.

@ColonelKillaBee

If you want an incant that is good for boss-killing, a gross but really bizarrely strong one is Pest Threads

It is cheap to use, bosses suck at dodging it, and it will melt most of them. Specifically, the big ones with fat hitboxes like dragons, tree spirits, most demigods, etc. You’ve just gotta get pretty close range for the big damage numbers.

You’ll have to progress a bit before it becomes available. Not too far, though.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well I got radahn half dead lol, will try more later.

Nice setup. But Ima kill em 1v1 or not at all.

The gimmick is honestly so fucking fun I think you should just use the army. It doesn't count as summoning in my opinion cause you have ten summons with you

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The gimmick is honestly so fucking fun I think you should just use the army. It doesn't count as summoning in my opinion cause you have ten summons with you

It is very cool, but he shouldn’t do that on his first playthrough!

Besides, he’s high level for the Radahn fight. Summons would trivialize it.