Soulsborne Thread #10

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

ya it is xD Was fuckin annoying but just beat the boss, what a slut this cave is with no good waypoint

But i did it

I got trap teleported there at level 15, before I’d even found the Roundtable Hold. Couldn’t fast travel out. Death respawned me at the center of the cave. Every enemy killed me in one shot.

When I finally escaped, I stepped outside thinking I’d see the daytime sky. Instead, I found myself in the heart of Caelid.

That adventure gave me PTSD.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I got trap teleported there at level 15, before I’d even found the Roundtable Hold. Couldn’t fast travel out. Death respawned me at the center of the cave. Every enemy killed me in one shot.

When I finally escaped, I stepped outside thinking I’d see the daytime sky. Instead, I found myself in the heart of Caelid.

That adventure gave me PTSD.

Same experience lmao

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Good fashion souls for a Lord Yupa esque character, know I said it previously but it really is XD

I wanted mine to be a heavily armored but not altogether knightly warrior, and contrasted what I normally do I tried making him look young and heroic. Was thinking about Irish mythology while making him, ironically several of their Demigods would thrash nearly all of Elden Ring's bosses.

20230104225208_1.thumb.jpg.18230f7b5b999fd3ee694715416486f7.jpg

20230104225212_1.thumb.jpg.a1dd8e88821396682c4db1b11cd7b743.jpg

20230104225231_1.thumb.jpg.5df8e0419ede51597dee57780d006376.jpg

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
Fixed spoiler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well I like the chest, can fashion souls the rest

Late game, but not too terribly so.

Consider everything south of the Erdtree early game, with Caelid being the ass end of early. Everything around the Erdtree as mid game.

Anything beyond? Prepare thy fucking anus. This is where it gets hard.

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@ColonelKillaBeeBTW, I remember  me and Doc talking about how refreshing it was to see a Western Fantasy embrace general weirdness, strange esotericisms, and creepy mythology you enjoying the setting so far?

FromSoft has always been good at that and is probably because it’s a western style fantasy for the most part but not western developers. Western developers rn are too vanilla, too safe.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

40 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ve been exploring as much as I could without progressing the MQ just so I didn’t accidentally progress too far while under leveled

At this point, you’re much more likely to encounter the opposite. Progressing overleveled and finding the game too easy. 

That’s what happened to me, at least. I didn’t even farm runes until late game, but after Limgrave, Liurnia, Caelid, and Ranni’s questline (which covers a ton of underground regions), I was way overpowered for the next area called the Altus Plateau. People talk like Altus is tough, but I found it pretty easy.

Now the areas after that? They’re still tough. XD