Soulsborne Thread #10

After thirty years in the business, FROM climbed to the top and is pretty much the only dev, alongside CD on the list who never succumbed to industry trends  XD It also avenged Ghosts. 

FlkWmmOWQAQa_Ih?format=jpg&name=large

Funny thing is they also had a similar fuck up; they released a somewhat broken game that was super hyped up and way better in the trailers XD

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That is a sad list of games to be the top 16 most awarded ever. 

I think Thief, New Vegas, Morrowind. Halo 2 and Resident Evil 4 deserve to be on the list XD But most of those games were released when the GOTY season wasn't a seasonalized fight between annoying game journalists.  

49 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh boy, prepare thy anus for the "correct translation" wars

Trust me; it's not just Souls, it's Japanese games in general.

I remember there being a huge scandal 17 years ago when someone was claiming the original script for Final Fantasy 7 actually said it's main female characters was a "flower girl" (a prostitute XD), and people believe it to this day, until the director had to clarify the English version had got that translation correct, she's just a girl who literally sells flowers 

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think Thief, New Vegas, Morrowind. Halo 2 and Resident Evil 4 deserve to be on the list XD But most of those games were released when the GOTY season wasn't a seasonalized fight between annoying game journalists.  

I tuned out when the last of us 2 was on there

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So explain how dual wielding works and can I be even more broken with two lordsworn square off blades

Dual wielding two weapons of the same category (straight swords, whips, ultra greatswords, etc.) unlocks "power stancing" which is basically a special moveset that is really powerful. 

So if you are dual wielding two straight swords, your R1 will be the same as normal but your L1 will be a dual slash. L1 is very strong when you’re power stancing. Especially jumping L1 attacks. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In the red hellscape right now; I want to keep the feeling of "wanderer hedge/Ronin/hobbo knight", so I kept the Vanguard Chest, mixed in some Redmane equipment and got a mail coilf. I think it's looks pretty cool XD

Plb3IcQ.jpg

That it does, I love how the three of us are rocking Caelid characters :P

• Like 1

You know what I really love about FROM's world's in general; they take a basic concept from Western fantasy media, give it a really cool/dark artistic representation...and then name it something else, and add their own spin, often based on Eastern traditions, while keeping mostly faithful to the source XD

You have zombies...but now their Hollows; we are Zombies who've lost their minds (due to mental degradation brought on by a seal of flame from a fearful God of the Sun), but still fight with basic tactics and use weird ass sunny d healing potions 

This is not a Zombie, this is a hollow XD

96ae7koaecf51.jpg?auto=webp&s=493abd89fa

You have Werewolves...but the term, alongside Lycanthropy, is never used a single time. It is "Beasthood". An onset of bloodborne disease birthed from the blood of an eldritch god, misused for healing, entertainment, and even sexual pleasure. It drives it's victims mad, and starts one of the most detailed and varied lifecycle (that actively seems to change and twist around the person you used to be) i've seen.

This is not a Werewolf, this is a Beast XD

1A.jpg

?imw=512&&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imc

And so forth, I could spend weeks just writing these down XD

• Like 1