Soulsborne Thread #10

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

i assume that means its time for grinding lol but then I also dont have weapons i want for late game yet

Im considering grinding, then making my build into a faith build for dragon stuff and mixing that with either the starscourge sword orrr, the malekith black blade since its also faith based.

And in the meantime till i get that far just use my bloodhound sword with dragon abilities, pump the rest of my points into health.

No need to grind. Caelid can be tough, particularly northern Caelid in the Dragonbarrow region (that area is significantly tougher than the rest), but if you have beaten all the toughest parts in Liurnia, then you are ready for it now.

That's a good build you're moving towards. Radahn's swords and the Black Blade are both really cool weapons, and dragon abilities are just downright fun. Plus, dipping into faith will unlock you all kinds of useful incantations that you can use in the meantime to supplement your build. 

One thing worth grabbing in Liurnia is an incant called "Flame Cleanse Me" which instantly cures most status effects including Scarlet Rot, which can be super useful in Caelid. You can find it in one of the Fire Monk encampments. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

"Flame Cleanse Me" which instantly cures most status effects including Scarlet Rot, which can be super useful in Caelid. You can find it in one of the Fire Monk encampments. 

It only cures Scarlet Rot and Poison, but both are very prevalent in pvp. Plus it's a literal life saver in Caelid and not having to constantly grind out the crafting materials for the rot bouleses is a good quality of life.

First playthrough of mine, Flame Cleanse Me never left my spell slots XD

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

wait really

you think? im only level 66

I’d say at 60 you can easily beat him if you use the provided gimmick.

If you want to beat him without it, you’ll have a tough fight ahead. Doable, but you’d probably be better off if you push for a higher level. He is much tougher than many of the later bosses if you try to fight him this way, and you’ll probably find the mid game sections easier by comparison once you reach them.

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’d say at 60 you can easily beat him if you use the provided gimmick.

If you want to beat him without it, you’ll have a tough fight ahead. Doable, but you’d probably be better off if you push for a higher level. He is much tougher than many of the later bosses if you try to fight him this way, and you’ll probably find the mid game sections easier by comparison once you reach them.

damn

I assume there's a side quest related, probably in a nearby area like with the chick he fought

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

damn

I assume there's a side quest related, probably in a nearby area like with the chick he fought

Not exactly. There are related side quests, but they don’t affect the fight itself. You can go straight to Redmane Castle and take advantage of the gimmick as soon as you enter his arena, if you choose to.

If you want to do the side quests, go find Blaidd (the wolf knight guy who serves Ranni) hanging out near a ledge in that underground place with the blue guys. Following that questline will end up leading directly into the Radahn fight.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

i think the finger hinted at it, that i should find the source of the scourge or whatever its called

The Scarlet Rot. And I wouldn’t worry about that yet. XD The source of the Rot is Malenia, who is basically the Nameless King of Elden Ring. The big secret boss in a secret optional area hidden behind a secret optional area that is only accessible from one of the late game regions.

Although there is at least one optional overland boss fight in Caelid that you should check out soon. His name is Commander O'Neal, and you can find him in the giant twisted roots in the heart of the swamp at Caelid’s center (called Aeonia). It’s easy to see on your map. He’s not that tough, just watch out for his Scarlet Rot attacks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If you want to do the side quests, go find Blaidd (the wolf knight guy who serves Ranni) hanging out near a ledge in that underground place with the blue guys. Following that questline will end up leading directly into the Radahn fight.

This might not be necessary, but it will add some cool context to the fight if you are interested. 

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

cant even get to the main boss lmao this guy is strong af

If you want to practice, there is one by himself in an evergael just a little south of Stormveil. Can learn how to fight him without the misbegotten getting in your way.

You can definitely pull the win, though, once you figure out his patterns. I beat them in my 50s on a relatively weak light armor swordsman build. That straight sword Ash of War, Stand Off, destroys bosses. So does Gravitas. But that was fairly recently after getting my ass kicked many times in the past. XD