Soulsborne Thread #10

7 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I can't believe the amount of people who think Kaiden is in the Mountaintops of the Giants. There's no settlement, nor ruins of the sort.

I didn’t know this was a common belief. Weird. I’d even go so far as to say it’s downright obvious that’s not where they’re from.

If Kaiden is in the Lands Between, then it’s most likely in one of the big unexplorable pieces of map up north along the coasts. But my guess is sane as yours. A northern continent.

I cannot believe it took another one of his videos for it to dawn on me.

The Abyss Watchers were true to the legend, and lie of Artorias then Artorias himself was. Its mirrored in Gael, that nameless, accursed undead succeeded better then the great heros of old.

They met the same fate as Artorias, but unlike him, they actually beat back the Abyss time and time again. Granted without Manus to break and corrupt their bodies 

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They all act humble in their generic acceptance posts, thats universal.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yep.

The top Naughty Dog devs acted extremely smug and snarky after the launch of TLoU2, but I’d be surprised if even they didn’t play the humble game when it won awards.

In pretty much every award, Miyazaki made sure to include George in his acceptance speech and actually said "There's quite a bit we didn't do as well as we wanted too with this game", which I've never heard anyone else say XD

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Also most of those devs also go back to using some horrible anti-consumer practice (microtransactions, wokeifying, Games as a Live Service), while FROM is still clean, so I take there comments with more sincerity XD 

I’ll give ya that. From seems to be a model developer when it comes to their treatment of the consumer. 

I’m not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I think Elden Ring’s start menu OST is one of my less favorite among the From games I’ve played.

It’s incredible as a battle track (and the moment it plays in-game is truly epic), but for a start menu, I prefer the other games’ more somber tracks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I think Elden Ring’s start menu OST is one of my less favorite among the From games I’ve played.

It’s incredible as a battle track (and the moment it plays in-game is truly epic), but for a start menu, I prefer the other games’ more somber tracks. 

I agree...ish. 

I think what they were going for was to reflect Elden Ring theme; the ambition of humanity, and how your going to usurp these God-like beings. It's why it's so heroic sounding. So I understand why it's like that,

But in terms of composition, I much prefer the "calm before the storm" feeling the other ones give.

Just listen 

• Like 2