Soulsborne Thread #10

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

What bosses have you beaten?

No major ones. Just some minis whose names I can’t remember. I’m pretty sure I’m up to the Lady Butterfly, though, because I remember this place from years back.

Juzou the Drunkard gave the most trouble. Not because he was that tough, but because he’s surrounded by at least eight mobs. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

No major ones. Just some minis whose names I can’t remember. I’m pretty sure I’m up to the Lady Butterfly, though, because I remember this place from years back.

Big Drunkard guy gave the most trouble. Not because he was that tough, but because he’s surrounded by at least eight mobs. 

He pretty much forces you to learn you can clear zones before aggroing the big one. But if I remember they give you a samurai NPC to help out

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

He pretty much forces you to learn you can clear zones before aggroing the big one. But if I remember they give you a samurai NPC to help out

I never found a way to clear them. I could reliably take out two of the mobs without aggroing him by sneaking around the side, but killing the third always got his attention. And I was quick enough to kill a fourth (the archer) before he could reach me, but then it would still turn into a 5v1 with one of them being a boss.

The samurai always got flattened in like five seconds flat. XD

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I never found a way to clear them. I could reliably take out two of the mobs without aggroing him by sneaking around the side, but killing the third always got his attention. And I was quick enough to kill a fourth (the archer) before he could reach me, but then it would still turn into a 5v1 with one of them being a boss.

The samurai always got flattened in like five seconds flat. XD

Five seconds is enough to bum rush and kill a couple of the soldiers if you spam the axe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I never noticed this about a certain late-game boss 

Hide contents

Mally has GOLDEN strands of fur mixed with the white 

FklWnMtXgAAfBNh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

He has the same hair as his half-sister XD I wonder who the fuck was Maliketh and Marika's shared parent. 

Greater Will, same as Blaidd. Not saying that's Marikas progenitor, but we know it's the case for the two shadows.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Greater Will, same as Blaidd. Not saying that's Marikas progenitor, but we know it's the case for the two shadows.

Does the Greater Will literally create the Shadows? Could be that they are simply bred or selected for the role.

If Maliketh truly is Marika’s half-brother, then they probably have a single parent who is not the GW. Possibly a Numen?

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Does the Greater Will literally create the Shadows? Could be that they are simply bred or selected for the role.

If Maliketh truly is Marika’s half-brother, then they probably have a single parent who is not the GW. Possibly a Numen?

The text is very specific and says half-brother (when they could have used adopted and step like with Bleidd and Ranni) I think it's safe to assume there brother and sister by blood

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Could it be that

Hide contents

Marika and Flippiketh have the same father, in the Greater Will but different mothers? Half-Siblings seem to confer that otherwise they'd be full siblings.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I never got the impression that she was a literal child of the GW, just its (or the Two Fingers') chosen empyrean "host" for the Elden Ring. Or, if not chosen, then the one who ended up taking that role of her own accord.

Far as I'm aware, there isn't any mention of the GW, the Elden Beast, or any outer god ever actually creating or "fathering" anyone. Marika is also supposed to be a Numen and might even predate the arrival of the Greater Will.

46 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Maybe I'm wrong, but I never got the impression that she was a literal child of the GW, just its (or the Two Fingers') chosen empyrean "host" for the Elden Ring. Or, if not chosen, then the one who ended up taking that role of her own accord.

Far as I'm aware, there isn't any mention of the GW, the Elden Beast, or any outer god ever actually creating or "fathering" anyone. Marika is also supposed to be a Numen and might even predate the arrival of the Greater Will.

Numen definitely are mysterious, long lived super beings...except our Tarnished if we choose Numen. Must be the runt of that litter :P

I doubt Meme-Zaki will have the dlc there, as From always throws the dlcs from directions nobody guesses. Would be a cool place too.

on a wholely different subject, I can't believe the amount of people who think Kaiden is in the Mountaintops of the Giants. There's no settlement, nor ruins of the sort. Plus we can see distant mountains north of the Haligtree which is already the northernmost part of the Lands Between. 

Im experimenting with stuff.

Found an ash of war that is pretty fuckin badass, blood strike or somethin like that.

I put it on my lordsworn longsword and man, it takes some of your health but the range on that bitch? and the damage? insane lol

I bet I could kill some bosses with this combo. 

Also killed these twin asshole statue bosses under an erdtree in hell.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee