Soulsborne Thread #10

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Tho pathetic yea, reminds me of Kabuto @BigBossBalrog

Godrick is honestly a great character. Very sad and pathetic, vile even, but really well-written.

He is the runt of the demigod liter who made his own people suffer using his grafting just so he could be strong enough to feel worthy of his divine lineage. He got his ass handed to him during the War of the Shattering, and had to disguise himself as a woman just to escape the capital and retreat to Stormveil. He’s super proud, being the descendant of Godwyn (the most beloved demigod who got knifed in the intro), but is completely insufficient as a ruler or person in general. So he tries to make up for it all by being a massive overcompensating try-hard. XD 

That guy who is squishing him, you might have noticed he is missing an arm. Godrick took it from him and grafted it to himself. Hence the resentment. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog @TheCzarsHussar

Does it matter if I acquire the Whirlwind slash or the Mirkiki counter first?

Because of how common skill points are, not really, but I'd still get Mirkki counter and get to practicing with your meat puppet because of how vital and useful it is for combat flow. From now on use solely to deal with thrusts.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Because of how common skill points are, not really, but I'd still get Mirkki counter and get to practicing with your meat puppet because of how vital and useful it is for combat flow. From now on use solely to deal with thrusts.

I can already tell that the combat in thus game is going to take some major getting used to. It’s already more complex than the other FROM games and I’ve barely scratched the surface.

Even facing normal dudes, I feel pretty vulnerable right now. Haven’t died yet, though. Made it to the ”flashback” where the estate is under attack. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I can already tell that the combat in thus game is going to take some major getting used to. It’s already more complex than the other FROM games and I’ve barely scratched the surface.

Even facing normal dudes, I feel pretty vulnerable right now. Haven’t died yet, though. Made it to the ”flashback” where the estate is under attack. 

That's basically the "tutorial" but if a tutorial was swimming in a pool of sharks and having your balls kicked in, it teaches you to get gud XD There's a ton of new tools and upgrade materials, i'd focus on it before going back to the real world XD

And yeah, because they dropped most playstyles, FROM was able to focus on a single one, and as a result the sword-play in very complex (but super fun and rewarding) 

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

dang i kinda wish killing npcs lead to stuff too, lol but no worries, i didnt kill him lol

It does sometimes but it’s almost never as good as letting them live. Usually it’s just getting their gear earlier than you would’ve minus whatever quest rewards they might have given.

There is one NPC I can think of who is always worth killing. He’s really late game though. 

Actually, there is one NPC who is really cool. Hard not to like her. Murdering her after a certain point will net you a really good reward that you can’t get otherwise, but you kind of have to be a monster to do it. Not to mention the reward for helping her and completing the questline is also really good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee

Did you ever find what lies beneath Stormveil? 

nah not yet, havent played today yet besides this morning for a little bit

If yall wanna hop in xbox chat for a bit im willing

since yall weirdos wont use discord lol which is much better

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee