Soulsborne Thread #10

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It really is a shame only me and Balrog best Sekiro here. Isshin really is one of the coolest characters From has made.

Easily up there with Gael.

The more mundane of the two final battles against him is when your character is being possessed by Shura. This man is literally dying from an illness at his advanced age and yet he wills himself to live a little longer. Because he's the last man with enough power that has the slightest hope in hell of putting you down.

Here he's so fucking skilled and determined that not only can he effortlessly dodge the players best attacks, but in phase 2 when Sekiro is just about fully consumed by Shura and the whole arena erupts into flame. Isshin redirects your own flames against you in the coolest way possible XD

When you're not about to plunge Ashina into a hellscape worse than it already is and he passes away from his illness. Isshin later gets resurrected beyond his prime. And fights you as a demigod, it's lit :P

I kinda wish I hadn’t read this, because it sounds like a really cool thing to witness. :lol:

Actually reads as if you’re playing as the bad guy and he’s the hero trying to stop you.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I kinda wish I hadn’t read this, because it sounds like a really cool thing to witness. :lol:

Actually reads as if you’re playing as the bad guy and he’s the hero trying to stop you.

Sorry for spilling it XD

And that's exactly how it is. Further spoilers for that ending

Just before fighting, you get attacked by Lady Emma who is basically the fire keeper of the game. She hints before during some rare dialogue that she has no desire to claim the life of a human, but states she will take the head of a demon if it threatens Ashina.

Though she puts up a brilliant effort, Sekiro absolutely slaughters her and stabs her through the fucking throat. Once your back is turned for a moment, the player turns around to see the dying Isshin cradling Emma, who is also his caregiver. He tells Sekiro that he is a most inauspicious man, but that he couldn't be made to hate him. Then whoops the players ass XD

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It really is a shame only me and Balrog best Sekiro here. Isshin really is one of the coolest characters From has made.

Easily up there with Gael.

The more mundane of the two final battles against him is when your character is being possessed by Shura. This man is literally dying from an illness at his advanced age and yet he wills himself to live a little longer. Because he's the last man with enough power that has the slightest hope in hell of putting you down.

Here he's so fucking skilled and determined that not only can he effortlessly dodge the players best attacks, but in phase 2 when Sekiro is just about fully consumed by Shura and the whole arena erupts into flame. Isshin redirects your own flames against you in the coolest way possible XD

When you're not about to plunge Ashina into a hellscape worse than it already is and he passes away from his illness. Isshin later gets resurrected beyond his prime. And fights you as a demigod, it's lit :P

Dude why did you spoil all that when doc was planning to play?

• Sad 1

It happens. It wouldn’t matter to me at all if I wasn’t getting ready to give it another go, so I don’t blame you whatsoever. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Always put stuff in spoilers XD

Nah, there comes a point when something has been out so long that you’re kinda asking for it if you hang out on a forum that discusses it a lot like ours does.

Plus, Czar had every reason to think I had no intentions to play it. I joke about it all the time. XD 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It happens. It wouldn’t matter to me at all if I wasn’t getting ready to give it another go, so I don’t blame you whatsoever. 

Nah, there comes a point when something has been out so long that you’re kinda asking for it if you hang out on a forum that discusses it a lot like ours does.

Plus, Czar had every reason to think I had no intentions to play it. I joke about it all the time. XD 

Part of what makes FROM games so fun is going in blind.

Since especially Colonel is going through ER unless he talks about it himself, put stuff in spoilers. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Part of what makes FROM games so fun is going in blind.

Since especially Colonel is going through ER unless he talks about it himself, put stuff in spoilers. 

I agree, and especially with ER since it’s new and Colonel is just starting. And it would be great if y’all did with Sekiro now that you know I’m about to start.

But I definitely wouldn’t have asked y’all to a couple months ago when you had no reason to think I ever would. That’d be like us putting tags on DS2 on the off chance Colonel one day decides to subject himself to that torture. :P 

Who are some characters you would pair up to fight each other across games? Sounds like Isshin vs Malenia would be a good one.

A few times start us off:

Ornstein and Smough vs the Godskin Duo

Radahn vs Nameless King

Gideon Ofnir vs Micolash

Abyss Watchers vs Shadows of Yharnam

Yhorm vs Rykard

Bloody Crow vs Fia's Simp Squad

Maliketh vs Gael

Radagon vs Soul of Cinder

Morgott vs Twin Princes

Godrick vs One Reborn

Patches battle royale

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Who are some characters you would pair up to fight each other across games? Sounds like Isshin vs Malenia would be a good one.

Hide contents

Radahn vs Nameless King

Gideon Ofnir vs Micolash

Yhorm vs Rykard

Maliketh vs Gael

Morgott vs Twin Princes

Godrick vs One Reborn

Patches battle royale

What a lineup!

Horah Loux vs Ds1 "World Kickboxing Champion" Andre

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Artorias and Sif vs Radagon and Red Wolf

Not even sure who would win this one.

One is constantly rolling away, while the other is constantly teleporting.

Red Wolf is a complete glass canon but is superb at dodging and spamming magic. If Sif can get a few good hits in that's it for Red Wolf, but otherwise Sifs a gonner.

31 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Radahn vs Nameless King

Gideon Ofnir vs Micolash

Yhorm vs Rykard

Maliketh vs Gael

Morgott vs Twin Princes

Godrick vs One Reborn

Patches battle royale

The Patches fight would just be them trying to trick each other into kicked by the other off a cliff-side XD

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Patches fight would just be them trying to trick each other into kicked by the other off a cliff-side XD

"Oi Chum! Wot's 'at down there?"

"Down where?"

"There!"

"Oi don’t see nuthin'!"

"That's because yer standin' way back from the ledge!"

"Wot ledge?"

"This ledge!"

"Oi don’t see no ledge. Mayhaps yew should stand beside it so oi can see where it is."

"Foin! But hold me spear for me, will ya?"

"Sure thing, chum!"

"THIEF! You stole me spear!"

"Oi, did ye say he stole yer spear?"

"Tha's roight!"

"You bloody- The gods demand vengeance! VENGEANCE!"

• Haha 3