18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Objective tier list of all the best bosses in all the games worth playing:

Reveal hidden contents

Transcendent

Soldier of Godrick, Mimic Tear

Best

Maria, Orphan of Kos, Slave Knight Gael

Really Damn Good

Gwyn, Artorias, Gehrman, Nameless King, Soul of Cinder, Sister Friede, Radahn, Fire Giant, Senator Armstrong, Maliketh

Damn Good

Ornstein and Smough, Father Gascoigne, Ludwig, Abyss Watchers, Dancer of the Borreal Valley, Twin Princes, Godrick, Mohg, Malenia, Dragonlord Placidusax

Pretty Damn Good

Kalameet, Manus, Martyr Logarius, Pontiff Sulyvahn, Aldrich, Dragonslayer Armor, Demon Prince, Morgott, Godskin Apostle, Regal Ancestor Spirit, Astel, Alecto

AncientGloriousFossa-size_restricted.gif

That's actually a pretty good list (barring the games you LACK THE SKILL TO PLAY XD) I'd personally downgrade First Giant to "Damn Good" and add Manus to the same category. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I'd personally downgrade First Giant to "Damn Good" and add Manus to the same category

Fire Giant remains my third favorite fight in Elden Ring.

Radahn, Godfrey then Fire Giant. All three have such insane atmospheres, stories and battles. There is no greater giant battle in From, so says my most humble opinion :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Fire Giant remains my third favorite fight in Elden Ring.

Radahn, Godfrey then Fire Giant. All three have such insane atmospheres, stories and battles. There is no greater giant battle in From, so says my most humble opinion :P

Eh, I prefer the Tower Knight. I like Fire Giant too, but I can see why people hate him XD

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Which Dark Souls bosses do you think could have made it through all of Elden Rings?

Are we assuming that they are guided by grace and thus get infinite respawns and never lose it like the player? If so, lots of them probably could. Infinite attempts basically guarantees the win no matter how bad the odds are.

But if we assume that they can lose their grace after giving up hope or losing their sanity then…

Gael for sure. And possibly Artorias. 

Including Bloodborne, Maria might could pull it off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'd argue that Nameless King would also have a pretty good chance, he's comparable to the Demi-Gods., and i'd argue his Storm-drake would give him a huge edge, alongside his own innate skill. 

Nameless would definitely kick some serious ass, but Radahn would obliterate the King of the Storm. Being that gravity magic in general does enormous damage to flying enemies.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Eh, I prefer the Tower Knight. I like Fire Giant too, but I can see why people hate him XD

It's because Fire Giant is a damage sponge in phase 2. If anyone gets salty about a five hundred foot warrior-pyromancer taking advantage of their massive size to roll away and try to flatten the player, then they're a hussy.

Fire Giant moves, fights and evades like how I'd expect a living mountain of a warrior to. Losing a leg hardly dampered his spirit

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Are we assuming that they are guided by grace and thus get infinite respawns and never lose it like the player? If so, lots of them probably could. Infinite attempts basically guarantees the win no matter how bad the odds are.

But if we assume that they can lose their grace after giving up hope or losing their sanity then…

Gael for sure. And possibly Artorias. 

Including Bloodborne, Maria might could pull it off.

I'd say whatever rules they had to follow in Dark Souls remains the same, or translates as best it could. That said, I'd agree Artorias and Maria would have good chances.

With no dark to weaken and corrupt, or primordial dark-superpowered man to pummel him, Artorias might just be damn near unstoppable 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Nameless would definitely kick some serious ass, but Radahn would obliterate the King of the Storm. Being that gravity magic in general does enormous damage to flying enemies.

I forgot Nameless or I’d have definitely mentioned him as well.

Radahn would beat him, but wouldn’t lose his resolve and would keep at it. Plus, he presumably gets an army of summons for that fight.

Nameless might actually fair better than anyone besides maybe Gael. If he breaks, it’ll probably be Malenia who does it. He’ll have to watch her kill his dragon again and again and again, painfully, with the Scarlet Rot. I think that could be his breaking point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I forgot Nameless or I’d have definitely mentioned him as well.

Radahn would beat him, but wouldn’t lose his resolve and would keep at it. Plus, he presumably gets an army of summons for that fight.

Nameless might actually fair better than anyone besides maybe Gael. If he breaks, it’ll probably be Malenia who does it. He’ll have to watch her kill his dragon again and again and again, painfully, with the Scarlet Rot. I think that could be his breaking point.

Isn't Nameless about one inch from being Hollow? I never quite understood why he looked fully Hollow but in no way acts like it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nameless is also horrifyingly fast, faster than Malenia even in some attacks. I can see him running his swordspear through Malenia with relatively good effort, but struggles against her final blooming form.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Nameless is also horrifyingly fast, faster than Malenia even in some attacks. I can see him running his swordspear through Malenia with relatively good effort, but struggles against her final blooming form.

Fast for certain attacks, but his evasion leaves more to be desired. And that’s essential for beating Malenia since her great rune heals her with every blow landed. 

She will be at full strength by the time she kills his dragon. And her phase 2 obliterates basically anyone who’s not a twenty-foot-tall demigod warlord or a Tarnished who is too stupid to die. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If he is, then Radahn might be his end-point. Otherwise, Malenia for sure. Nobody who is teetering on the edge will make it to the end.

How far do you think Gwyn would have gotten? Despite how easy Gwyn is, he is nevertheless one of the strongest bosses in battle.

I'd wager it would be a Godskin Apostle that does him in.

• Like 1

Actually, Malenia is optional, so I guess they could theoretically just choose not to fight her. XD 

Actually, can’t you beat the game only killing three demigods (Morgott + two of your choice)?

If they aren’t going for 100%, then that probably opens the door for several more potential victors. 

Though I honestly think everything from Horah Loux onward would still stonewall the vast majority of Soulsborne bosses. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Actually, Malenia is optional, so I guess they could theoretically just choose not to fight her. XD 

Actually, can’t you beat the game only killing three demigods (Morgott + two of your choice)?

If they aren’t going for 100%, then that probably opens the door for several more potential victors. 

Though I honestly think everything from Horah Loux onward would still stonewall the vast majority of Soulsborne bosses. 

Bro the mental image of Horah Loux fucking chokeslaming Nameless King is hilarious 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Here's one for just me and Balrog since y'all forsook Sekiro.

@BigBossBalrog How well do you think Isshin would have faired against Malenia? Both Sword Saint and mortal?

It'd be the absolute extreme end of the spectrum of badass for Isshin to sidestep and perfectly deflect her entire waterfowl 

Isshin would break the game XD

• Haha 1

It really is a shame only me and Balrog best Sekiro here. Isshin really is one of the coolest characters From has made.

Easily up there with Gael.

The more mundane of the two final battles against him is when your character is being possessed by Shura. This man is literally dying from an illness at his advanced age and yet he wills himself to live a little longer. Because he's the last man with enough power that has the slightest hope in hell of putting you down.

Here he's so fucking skilled and determined that not only can he effortlessly dodge the players best attacks, but in phase 2 when Sekiro is just about fully consumed by Shura and the whole arena erupts into flame. Isshin redirects your own flames against you in the coolest way possible XD

When you're not about to plunge Ashina into a hellscape worse than it already is and he passes away from his illness. Isshin later gets resurrected beyond his prime. And fights you as a demigod, it's lit :P

• Like 1