Soulsborne Thread #10

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And yea that fight seems like its bruuuutal for beginners. Probs would have lead me to explore other spots anyway.

Orrrr take hours to beat him lol

You did the right thing by becoming stronger before tacking Margit. Saved yourself the extreme salt I produced fighting him around level 18 with a plus 1 weapon.

It.

Sucked.

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The thing that destroyed me the most was his unrollable three hit combos. 

My Dark Souls infused brain just didn't comprehend that you weren't meant to dodge through that, but avoid it entirely. Once I finally comprehend that, it took like two more tries.

Thats the hardest thing to get used to really.

You're fighting bloodborne bosses as a mere dark souls class fighter, so rolling through attacks just doesnt cut it.

Which tbh is something I like less about elden ring. Dark Souls I felt more capable in its universe. 

But, I am just starting out also.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats the hardest thing to get used to really.

You're fighting bloodborne bosses as a mere dark souls class fighter, so rolling through attacks just doesnt cut it.

Which tbh is something I like less about elden ring. Dark Souls I felt more capable in its universe. 

But, I am just starting out also.

I wouldn’t use that criticism for Margit in particular, but the BB bosses in a Souls game is definitely a fair critique of a good few of them. Though rolling through attacks does most often cut it, albeit it’s not as easy as in BB.

ER is definitely the easiest game to cheese and break, though. You start out weak, but the feeling of being less capable is definitely not always gonna be the case. I’d go so far as to say that you can end this game feeling more powerful than in any of them by a huge margin. 

Besides a couple stand-outs (like Malenia and a couple late game parts), I think this game is generally much easier than Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne. Unless of course you stumble into a high level area unprepared because the open world allows it. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Too bad FROMSOFT dosen't have an annoying tendency to take a good ass fight and turn it into cancer in some god forsaken way-wait I think they do. 

I’ll stand by the Godskins. They are good bosses in every iteration except for a single attack by the fat boy that goes on for far too long. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Unless of course you stumble into a high level area unprepared because the open world allows it. 

Boy do I know what you mean xD I went to hell, saw the crows, bailed lmao

Did kill a putrid erdtree guardian first tho, what a bitch that was. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I put points into dexterity today xD Love this sword tho so worth it

Steppin away from my same ol zwei this time to try new stuff. Even tho I bet I could beat the game with it alone just like always, ngl the dex fag sword is badass.

When do I get bloodhound knight armor?

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So I put points into dexterity today xD Love this sword tho so worth it

Steppin away from my same ol zwei this time to try new stuff. Even tho I bet I could beat the game with it alone just like always, ngl the dex fag sword is badass.

When do I get bloodhound knight armor?

Late-mid-game. It's in a pretty hard dungeon too XD

And yeah I knew it was going to happen; there's way too many crazy cool toys in Elden ring to stick to the old stuff 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Late-mid-game. It's in a pretty hard dungeon too XD

And yeah I knew it was going to happen; there's way too many crazy cool toys in Elden ring to stick to the old stuff 

Ya ngl i was kinda happy they made the zwei exactly as it was but its also a whole new game so.

Greatswords are my fav weapons so ima play with em all and see what theyre like

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You definitely could, but there are so many options it’s honestly a shame to limit yourself to just one or two.

My main carries like twenty weapons. XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Mt. Gelmir. You can reach it early-mid game. But the area you get it in might be tough. 

Worth it, but I won't worry about it just yet

Do love the set tho, might be my go to set till I get access to the really cool end game stuff.

I also went back to my nord gear lol I wasnt diggin the twin set with the lady in my chest xD Just too goofy lol. Maybe will use when in a pinch for stats

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

You definitely could, but there are so many options it’s honestly a shame to limit yourself to just one or two.

My main carries like twenty weapons. XD 

thats reassuring cause i was wondering if I'd run out of upgrade material lol

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Bloodhound’s Fang is honestly kinda like the Hollowslayer GS in DS3. Like a really solid greatsword that’s available super early in the game and became one of the most popular weapons as a result. 

oh i was gonna say one of the dex swords but tbh this thing is way more handy. Looks cool with my Nord set too, whatever its called. You're right about the curved swords thing.