Soulsborne Thread #10

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If i switch to the nordic armor and switch to lol aristocrat boots i can wield zweihander and a shield, could rock this for now till endurance is higher.

Wonder tho the difference in armor and poise

9 points poise difference a big deal?

Both the poise of armor and the poise damage of two handing a weapon was increased a few patches ago.

If you want to have absolutely any kind of poise and trading what so ever, aim for a minimum of 52

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

If i switch to the nordic armor and switch to lol aristocrat boots i can wield zweihander and a shield, could rock this for now till endurance is higher.

Wonder tho the difference in armor and poise

9 points poise difference a big deal?

Effectiveness of poise is tiered against various attacks. What does it bring you down to?

Also, if you farm one of those Nordic looking mercenary dudes who ride around on horseback for a few minutes, you can get a really cool Nordic looking set of armor called the Kaiden sellsword set. It’s a lot lighter than the Vagabond Knight set. Or is that what you are talking about when you said Nordic armor?

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Effectiveness of poise is tiered against various attacks. What does it bring you down to?

Also, if you farm one of those Nordic looking mercenary dudes who ride around on horseback for a few minutes, you can get a really cool Nordic looking set of armor called the Kaiden sellsword set. It’s a lot lighter than the Vagabond Knight set. Or is that what you are talking about when you said Nordic armor?

Not to mention the coolest looking curved greatsword.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

You should have seen how pitiful the Ultra weapons were at launch. Swung slower than a one handed ultra greathammer in ds3. They did the big boy weapons dirty for months

Except Godslayer for some reason. It used to be waaaay faster than the rest until they were given a buff.

And poise used to be trash as well so slow weapons were just all around bad. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Except Godslayer for some reason. It used to be waaaay faster than the rest until they were given a buff.

And poise used to be trash as well so slow weapons were just all around bad. 

Godslayer Greatsword swung so damn fast, it feels like the least effected by the swing speed buffing patch. But if it got the same level of buffs, it'd practically swing as fast as a ds3 greatsword.

It already is about as fast as Elden ring's greatswords 

• Like 1

@ColonelKillaBee If you want to get the game’s Nordiest armor, best thing to do is fast travel to Agheel Lake North and farm that dude on his horse who spawns nearby. Drop rate for all the pieces isn’t too bad (that or I’m very lucky), so you can get the armor, fur collar and all, pretty quick. 

For my money, it’s one of the best looking sets available early in the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee If you want to get the game’s Nordiest armor, best thing to do is fast travel to Agheel Lake North and farm that dude on his horse who spawns nearby. Drop rate for all the pieces isn’t too bad (that or I’m very lucky), so you can get the armor, fur collar and all, pretty quick. 

There's also a camp of four Kaiden warriors just east of that one grace where everyone summons Melina. Cannot remember the name. That's where I farmed all of mine.