Soulsborne Thread #10

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Two handing longswords are actually really nice this time around.

I'd argue that either power standing or two handing is better than one handing a straight sword.

For the non-nerds, power stancing is a special move set that you get when you dual wield two weapons of the same type. @ColonelKillaBee XD 

One-handing a straight sword is good if you use a shield with "No Skill" on it. Lots of great ashes of war for straight swords. 

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Two handing longswords are actually really nice this time around.

I'd argue that either power standing or two handing is better than one handing a straight sword.

I love how much works with this game

and i know doc said he got rid of his halberd but maaaan I love that thing for certain fights. And switching between it and the longsword is quite nice early on too.

Im killing lesser bosses now first try without any real effort like in this cave I wandered into, Morte mines. 

Taking my time 

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Can't wait for Colonel to encounter the Godskin Order and Rykard. Those are two things I'd love to hear his thoughts on.

Reveal hidden contents

Same. I have a feeling that they are what he’ll gravitate towards the most. Just the right amount of edginess, and badass without being a fan favorite like Radahn. XD 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

and i know doc said he got rid of his halberd but maaaan I love that thing for certain fights. And switching between it and the longsword is quite nice early on too.

I love the halberd. I just swapped it with an axe because I was basing that character loosely on Boldir. XD Axe was mandatory.

I held onto the halberd for quite a long while on my first playthrough. 

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I love how much works with this game

Yeah, basically everything is viable to some extent. You have tons of options.

Except for bows. They are handy for utility, like drawing aggro from a range, but they are trash in combat.

Whips and flails are functional, but they could use a buff as well. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, basically everything is viable to some extent. You have tons of options.

Except for bows. They are handy for utility, like drawing aggro from a range, but they are trash in combat.

Whips and flails are functional, but they could use a buff as well. 

to be fair besides using to open for a kill, a whip shouldnt be doin much lol

@ColonelKillaBee What build are you going for?

My first playthrough started off as Quality/Faith but a little after half way through the game I switched it to Strength/Faith.

Halberds are really mean. There's a couple that are absolute monsters. Those like the starting halberd have amazing r1's, while the other moveset had insanely powerful crushing r2's

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

In fact, who is your favorite boss in Limgrave/Weeping Peninsula without including Stormveil?

Mine is either the Crucible Knight or the Night’s Cavalry with the triple flail. 

If you asked me first starting out, I'd have nothing but salt towards the Crucible K***ht. That was when I tried using a halberd against it and couldn't get my party timing down back then.

But now? Definitely a tie between him and the Tree Sentinal.

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@ColonelKillaBee What build are you going for?

My first playthrough started off as Quality/Faith but a little after half way through the game I switched it to Strength/Faith.

Halberds are really mean. There's a couple that are absolute monsters. Those like the starting halberd have amazing r1's, while the other moveset had insanely powerful crushing r2's

My Zwei of course lol

Ima walk through the game using it like I always do, or other cool giant swords for fun, and maybe throw in some dragon powers with faith