Soulsborne Thread #10

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think it was kind of unfair to push on an mmo-lite (infamously expensive and hard to make genre) when the main team had zero experience with online stuff, gave them pennies, and had to rely on 70 percent of Fallout 4's code and assets to make the game. 

Don’t forget their biggest map since Daggerfall and "sixteen times the detail!!!" (that one was a lie). XD 

Yeah, it was always gonna be a tall order.

Been getting back into ER lately when I’m not at work or with friends. Played the heck out of it last weekend. Beat Radahn, Morgott, and the trio of Gankers at Castle Sol on two seperate characters. None took more than two attempts. Still got it. XD 

Got my Black Knife character to a point where invasions are viable, so I finally have a proper assassin to hunt Tarnished with.

Flame of the Redmanes AoW got nerfed really hard, so I’ve gotta find a way to rework my Redmane veteran "Caelid co-op guide" build. 

Brought my sorcerer up past level 100 and realize that this build is extremely busted, to the point where every encounter so far has been trivial except that one Briar dude in the Shaded Castle.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Been getting back into ER lately when I’m not at work or with friends. Played the heck out of it last weekend. Beat Radahn, Morgott, and the trio of Gankers at Castle Sol on two seperate characters. None took more than two attempts. Still got it. XD 

Got my Black Knife character to a point where invasions are viable, so I finally have a proper assassin to hunt Tarnished with.

Flame of the Redmanes AoW got nerfed really hard, so I’ve gotta find a way to rework my Redmane veteran "Caelid co-op guide" build. 

Brought my sorcerer up past level 100 and realize that this build is extremely busted, to the point where every encounter so far has been trivial except that one Briar dude in the Shaded Castle.

What school you using? 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think Todd said they were using an updated version of the same world generation tech to create planets for Starfield, so we might actually get a bigger one next year. 

Yeah Todd compared it directly to Daggerfall, which isn't a good thing in my opinion XD

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

What school you using? 

Mixing and matching. Rolling as a Carian noble, so I’m mostly using Glintstone, Moon, and Ice sorceries. It was really satisfying when I hit that 68-70 Intelligence and could finally start launching moon bombs at people. XD 

But I do switch to gravity for enemies that resist the magical attacks, and Sellian night sorceries for enemies that dodge a lot.

Sorcery is waaaay too damn versatile and good at what it does. Feels like I’ve got three tricks for every occasion. Even PvP isn’t bad if you chain the right combos to keep people from rushing you.

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah Todd compared it directly to Daggerfall, which isn't a good thing in my opinion XD

You think so? I think it could be, long as they hand-craft enough locations to pepper throughout.

I have never been a fan of how tiny and scaled down Bethesda’s maps are. Would love to see one that actually has that huge sense of scale.

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You think so? I think it could be, long as they hand-craft enough locations to pepper throughout.

I have never been a fan of how tiny and scaled down Bethesda’s maps are. Would love to see one that actually has that huge sense of scale.

When I think of "randomly generated space opera" I think of No Man's Sky. RG can be used to very good effect, but I think it'll give Bethesda alot of room to be lazy. 

@TheCzarsHussar @BigBossBalrog

Either of y’all got any recommendations for replacing Flame of the Redmanes AoW on my wandering Redmane build?

He is a Dex/Faith swordsman with some minor incant use. FotR was OP before the nerf, but now it’s trash. Looking for something that’s on-theme for a follower of Radahn. Preferably fire or gravity based and good at stance breaking. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And yeah Radiant Story destroyed there overall quest design, so I shudder to think if it has both it and this new "world generation"

It’s all in the execution. It could be a great way to save time filling out the "open" parts of the map so they can divert more attention to the hand-crafted areas like cities and dungeons.

It’s Bethesda so I’m not holding my breath, but it could work that way in theory. XD 

It’s all in the execution. It could be a great way to save time filling out the "open" parts of the map so they can divert more attention to the hand-crafted areas like cities and dungeons.

It’s Bethesda so I’m not holding my breath, but it could work that way in theory. XD 

"Cool In theory" describes alot of the problems in modern Bethesda games XD

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Either of y’all got any recommendations for replacing Flame of the Redmanes AoW on my wandering Redmane build?

He is a Dex/Faith swordsman with some minor incant use. FotR was OP before the nerf, but now it’s trash. Looking for something that’s on-theme for a follower of Radahn. Preferably fire or gravity based and good at stance breaking. 

What's the weapon you used to have it on?

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I also have a Radahn themed build called Redmane Survivor.

The Redmane soldier helm which name I forgot. Briar armor, Redmane knight gauntlets and mausoleum leggings.

It's one of my most iconic looking sets

The Cleanrot Knight sword. 

Hmm, how about Piercing Fang? I love it on greatswords, its a powerful roll catcher and does insane stagger damage.

Don't know how good it'd be on a regular rapier though.

Another option could be the gravity ash of war that drags enemies towards you, Gravitas I think

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I also have a Radahn themed build called Redmane Survivor.

The Redmane soldier helm which name I forgot. Briar armor, Redmane knight gauntlets and mausoleum leggings.

It's one of my most iconic looking sets

Mine was inspired by a post of yours. Based on Lord Yupa. 

Scarlet tabard, traveler’s hat, vulgar militia gauntlets, and I forget the legs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Another option could be the gravity ash of war that drags enemies towards you, Gravitas I think

I was thinking of Gravitas but hadn’t played with it enough to know if it’s any good. Definitely would feel good to incorporate some gravity powers into the build without resorting to sorcery. 

I really want to keep the "wandering swordsman" theme going, though, so I’m sticking to the rapier/longsword combo. No greatswords. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

24. For the powerful buff spells. XD 

Good shit lol, I think there's actually an effective heal spell at 25 faith, Lord's Heal. It'll heal you for half hour hp for 55 fp.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Mine was inspired by a post of yours. Based on Lord Yupa. 

Scarlet tabard, traveler’s hat, vulgar militia gauntlets, and I forget the legs. 

Good shit man!

I think the armor worn by the Finger Hunter npc would work real well as a torso for Lord Yupa

• Thanks 1